Why Stem Cell Therapy in India?
If you are in search for safe and reliable treatment for thalassemia, blood cancer, spine injury, degenerative disorder, genetic disorder like cerebral palsy, autism etc then stem cell therapy in India is the right treatment for you.
We understand the trauma and helplessness; the patients and their family go through when they are diagnosed with these life-threatening diseases. But, stem cell therapy has given hopes to all of them
Nowadays, stem cell therapy in India is becoming very popular as it treats a variety of life threatening diseases. Stem cell therapy is a revolutionary treatment in medical science that has given hope of survival to terminally ill people. It has opened many avenues of treatment and the best part is that stem cell therapy cost in India is very economical.
You must be wondering what stem cells are?
Actually, Stem cells are obtained from bone marrow, or the blood stream of the human’s body & these cells can divide and form new kinds of blood cells like white blood cells which help to fight infections, red blood cells that are used to carry oxygen and platelets for blood clotting
Stem cell therapy is relatively a new concept and it is growing slowly and gradually. but, according to research and data the success rates are very high,
How does stem cell therapy work?
Stem cell therapy is based on the principle that the damaged cells are removed & new stem cells which are taken from the blood stream are transplanted.
You will be surprised to know that stem cell therapy in India is succeeding day by day and thousands of patients from around the globe are coming to India to get their treatment done.
India is affiliated with leading hospitals in the world and we have highly qualified doctors who have the requisite knowledge and they are providing best results of stem cell therapy in India.
STEM CELL THERAPY COST IN INDIA
Just so that you know, the stem cell therapy cost in India ranges from Rs. 801420 to Rs. 3392500 ($12000 - $500000). You can see that the cost for this therapy is very reasonable in India, as it provides with the best option to the people who are looking for this treatment. The treatment is very advanced and not all the countries have requisite knowledge to provide it. Other than this the cost of this treatment is very high in the developed countries like UK and US.
The stem cell therapy cost in India is bifurcated according to the treatment :
- For Cancer, stem cell therapy costs in India vary from Rs. 700000- Rs. 1000000 ($10479 - $149700)
- For Spine Cord, stem cell therapy costs in India vary from Rs. 442000- Rs. 650000 ($6616 - $9730)
- For knee replacement in India, stem cell therapy cost varies from Rs. 442000 - Rs. 550000 ($6616- $8233)
- For Hair loss, cost of stem cell therapy in India varies from Rs 780000 – Rs. 900000 ($11676 -$13473)
- For Eye sight, stem cell therapy cost in India varies from Rs 320000 – Rs. 448000 ($5000 - $7000)
Why is the stem cell therapy cost in India less?
Key factors for choosing India :
- Basically, the cost of living in India is much lower than the developed countries. Because of this stem cell therapy cost in India is much lower
- In India doctors are available at lower cost as the economies of scale is large the cost & time involved to meet the doctors is less.
- The accommodation facilities are very much convenient here & the travelling cost is also very low.
- The technology is advance & the quality of doctors which India has is amazing,
- Because of advance use of technology, the results drawn from stem cell therapy in India is 100%
- Apart from this the dollar has a higher conversion rate to Indian rupees.
Therefore, because of these reasons India is becoming the hub for stem cell therapy.
The cost of stem cell therapy in India is different for different treatment. It can vary from RS. 12000.00 to Rs. 2000000.00
COMPARING STEM CELL THERAPY COST IN INDIA WITH OTHER COUNTRIES :
|HAIR LOSS||Rs.7,80,000-Rs.9,00,000||Rs.29,25,000-Rs.32,00,000 |
|KNEE REPLACEMENT||Rs.4,42,000-Rs.5,50,000||Rs.6,50,000-Rs.9,00,000 |
Now for treating various diseases through stem cell transplant we have several hospitals in India. these hospitals have state of the art infrastructure and many of them have international accreditations.
Because, of the emergence of new technology stem cell transplant is succeeding at a faster pace. Here in India, stem cell therapy cost in India is affordable & many hospitals in India are providing stem cell treatment at pocket friendly prices.
Therefore, for your reference we have listed some of the best hospitals for stem cell therapy in India which assures good results.
WHICH ARE THE 10 BEST HOSPITALS FOR STEM CELL THERAPY IN INDIA?
Here are some of the best hospitals for stem cell therapy in India. You can call clinicspots or fill the form above to know stem cell therapy cost in India or to understand stem cell therapy procedure in India.
NANAVATI HOSPITAL, MUMBAI
The foundation stone of Dr. Balabhai Nanavati Hospital was laid by the Prime Minister Mr. Jawaharlal Nehru in November 1950, and the hospital opened its doors to its first patient in May 1951. Here in this hospital stem cell therapy cost is also very low. This is among one of the best hospital for bone marrow & stem cell therapy in India. they have a facility of 350-bed facility & 65 specialists.
Key features :
1. Best stem cell transplant hospital
2. High tech radiology & liver biopsy machine are available there
Location : The Hospital is located at Swami Vivekananda Marg, Vile Parle, West Mumbai, Maharashtra 400056
APOLLO HOSPITAL, MUMBAI
Apollo Institute, Mumbai is the first certified hospital for stem cell therapy which ranks among the top hospitals in the country. The 300-bed hospital is manned by renowned internationally trained specialists who provide comprehensive treatment for stem cell therapy. This hospital is equipped with the latest and advanced equipment and offers treatment of high class international standards to its patients. Currently Apollo has 41 hospitals available in India and abroad.
Key features :
1. Is the first hospital in Asia to get PET-CT Scan.
2. It is a master in setting up Radiosurgery.
Location : Parsik hill road opp. Nerul Wonder Park, CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 410210
FORTIS HOSPITAL, GURGAON
Fortis Hospital, Gurgaon is a renowned 300-bed multi-specialty hospital which is a famous for stem cell therapy in India, it provides diagnosed treatment through advance technology and with the help of highly experienced surgeons. Fortis Group of Hospitals is at present operating more than 50 hospitals across India. The haematology department provides cancer & thalassemia patients with comprehensive stem cell treatment by following international medical standards.
Key features :
1. It is internationally recognized by JCI and NABH for its quality service
2. Specializes in the field of Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Oncosurgery and Bone Marrow Transplant in India.
Location : Fortis Hospital, sector 44, Opposite HUDA City centre, Gurgaon Haryana 122002
BLK SUPER SPECIALITY HOSPITAL, NEW DELHI
BLK Hospital is one of the top stem cell treatment care centres in India which was established with the motive to provide comprehensive and personalized stem cell transplant in India. It offers state-of-art procedures like chemotherapy, radiation therapy and targeted therapy. Patient care is optimized with the help of combined management approach. It has a dedicated and experienced team of doctors, nurses and healthcare staff.
Key features :
1. The hospital has cutting-edge techniques for accurate diagnosis and treatment such as PET-CT Scan, Cyber-knife, IMRT, Trilogy TX Linear Accelerator, etc.
2. Advanced imaging techniques used to treat biopsy.
Location : BLK Super Speciality Hospital, Pusa Road, New Delhi 110005, India
MEDANTA THE MEDICITY, GURGAON
Medanta is a super-speciality hospital in Delhi NCR, which provides world class treatment including heart, liver, kidney transplants, cancer surgeries and radiation therapy, and minimally invasive robotic surgeries. It is one of the best hospitals for stem cell therapy in India It Includes many specialties, Electrophysiology and Pacing, Clinical and Preventive, and is backed by latest technologies.
Key features :
1. Latest technology of CT SCAN, MRI & other tools
2. Best doctors with great experience.
Location : Medanta the medicity, CH Baktawar Singh Road, Sector 38, Guru gram, Haryana 122001
SIR GANGARAM HOSPITAL, DELHI
This hospital is a 675-bed multi-speciality hospital in Rajendra nagar delhi. It provides comprehensive medical services to patients from all over the world. Stem cell transplant in India this treatment is very useful with less complication and riskiness and because of this the number of patients visit to this hospital is maximum. Cost involved to treat this is also very affordable.
Key features :
1. It is the very old and best hospital for stem cell transplant in india
2. This hospital is awarded as best healthcare brand for multispeciality hospital in India
Location : Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Rajendra nagar, New Delhi, India 110060
LILAVATI HOSPITAL, MUMBAI
The hospital was established in 1978 by the Lilavati Kirtilal Mehta Medical Trust. In 1997, the hospital has 314 beds, 12 operating theatres’, 300 consultants, intensive care units (ICUs), and 1,800 staff members to provide care for 300 in-patients and 1,500 out-patients daily. It is the best hospital for stem cell therapy in India, as it uses advance technology to cure various diseases at affordable cost.
Key features :
1. JCI and NABH has accredited lilavati hospital
2. Best hospital for stem cell therapy and bone marrow transplant in Mumbai.
Location : Bandra reclamation, Bandra west, Mumbai Maharashtra ,400050
MAX HOSPITAL, DELHI
Max Healthcare Institute is a healthcare centre which is located in New Delhi, India. the first Max healthcare centre was opened as Max Multi Speciality Centre in Panchsheel Park, New Delhi with OPD facilities and day care surgeries in 2000.It is one of the best hospitals for stem cell transplant which is provided with advance technology.
Key features :
1. Accredited with a Centre of Excellence in Emergency Medicine.
2. It has been Green OT certification by Bureau Veritas (BV), a European Standards organisation
Location : N110 Panchsheel Park, New Delhi, Delhi 110017
NARAYANA HOSPITAL, KOLKATA
Narayana Health one of the pioneers in stem cell therapy in India has completed more than 950 stem cell transplants which was mostly allogenic stem cell including HLA matched siblings, matched unrelated, cord blood as well as Haplo-Identical transplants.
Key features :
1. Best Hospital to Work for honour which was given by Association of Healthcare Providers India (AHPI).
2. Rabindranath Tagore International Institute of Cardiac Sciences (RTIICS) was recognized as the Outstanding Teaching Hospital by Association of Healthcare Providers India (AHPI).
Location : Andul Rd, Near Nabanna, Shibpur, Howrah, West Bengal 711103 Narayana hospital Kolkata
CHRISTIAN MEDIACAL HOSPITAL, VELLORE
It is one among the largest hospital in India in terms of number of patient visit the hospital. Each and every day almost 8000 patients visit the hospital. It is a government hospital which is located near Bangalore and provides most affordable care. This hospital is most affordable stem cell therapy cost in as it is funded by the government.
Key features :
1. Best hospital for stem cell transplant in India having world class technology and specialised team
2. JCI and NABH accredited hospital.
Location : Christian Medical College, Ida Scudder Road, Vellore – 632004, Tamil Nadu, India
STEPS NEED TO BE FOLLOWED TO HAVE STEM CELL THERAPY IN INDIA
STEP 1 - CONSULTATION : This is the first step where you meet the doctor and chart out your treatment plan to take a stem cell therapy in India
For international patients: They need to prepare their document for travel. For example, passport, medical visa. This phase is of utmost importance because if the patient is going for allogenic stem cell therapy they should have a donor ready. After this they can proceed for booking their accommodation. They will also require to collect the cash needed for the treatment. Here all the carry all the prior tests reports related to your treatment. In case of autologous stem cell therapy the patient should be ready with all the necessary tests which are to done before coming.
For domestic patients: They have to decide the type of therapy they are going for and also carry out the various test related to the treatment.
STEP 2 - SURGERY PREPARATION : In this phase you need to decide the hospital in which you will be taking the treatment. After this decision one needs to prepare the donors as well as patient, there are certain procedures that need to be followed by the patient which will be instructed by the doctor.
After this they need to take a break for some time & get ready for fresh start.
For domestic patients they need to be ready for the treatment as prescribed by the doctor & they need to avail all the test which are prescribed by the doctor.
STEP 3 - INITIAL PRACTISE : Before the stem cell therapy takes place, the doctor will give chemotherapy to patients to destroy the diseased cells. This is done to clean & purify from your body so that all the diseased cells are disposed of. Here at this point your body’s immune system weakens.
STEP 4 - STEM CELL TRANSPLANT : After all this finally stem cell therapy takes place wherein the doctors inject the preserved stem cells into the patient’s body. It takes about 2-4 hours to inject.
This is where the main operation takes place. If in case donors stem cell are used, then donor has to go through the process of mobilization and then only the cells are transplanted into patient’s body.
STEP 5 - RECOVERY : After all the above procedure, the patient is observed and on daily basis check-ups takes place to know the condition of the body, whether it is recovering or not. If not then some the doctor may change the plan of action. This is the most crucial part of the treatment as the patient is prone to side effects. That’s why doctors make regular check-ups
STEP 6 - FOLLOW UP : for domestic as well international patients they are moved to nearby accommodation for follow ups. This takes about 15-20 days. At this time the patient will be under observation and will be provided with some medication for fast recovery.
TO IMPLEMENT THE ABOVE STEPS SOME PREPARATION IS NEEDED
1. To determine that you are a good patient the doctor will check the following things :
- Patient’s age
- Physical condition of the patient
- Comfortability in travelling
- In case of allogenic transplant HLA match of donor’s cell
2. Following test which are necessary to decide whether the patient is a right candidate or not :
- A MUGA scan EKG
- Liver biopsy
- X-rays & CT scan
- Various blood tests & urine test
- In past any exposure to infection was there needs to be checked
3. For foreign patients :
- Requirement of visa
- Bookings related hospitals
- They must ensure they have sufficient amount of cash
WHAT IS THE SUCCESS RATE OF STEM CELL THERAPY IN INDIA?
In India, the current success rate of stem cell therapy is 65%- 85% on an average. This depends upon thee type of disease they are treating. Like for example, the success rate for cancer ranges from 50% - 75% But if we talk about knee replacement till now is 100%. However, it is a new concept and many people are unaware of this treatment and also only 3-5% of knee replacement are done using this treatment.
WHILE STEM CELL THERAPY IS IN PROGRESS……
Earlier only one technique was used to cure the diseases but stem cell therapy has increased the engagement of people.
The technique earlier which was used to cure only one disease now curing many diseases.
If we talk about technology which is used for stem cell therapy in India it is becoming more advance because a lot of costs is incurred for curing various diseases.
LET’S HAVE A GLIMPSE AT THE 2 TYPES OF STEM CELL THERAPY IN INDIA
1. Autologous stem cell therapy : In This therapy doctor uses patients own stem cells which are obtained from the patient's own bloodstream. Basically, this type of stem cell therapy is used to cure type 1 diabetes, brain injuries & other cardiac diseases.
2. Allogenic stem cell therapy : In this type of therapy doctor uses donors stem cells but, in this there are high chances of rejection of donor's cell. Allogenic stem cell therapy cost in India is comparatively higher than autologous therapy.
Commonly to cure various diseases like cancer & thalassemia, allogeneic stem cell therapy is used.
WHY PEOPLE CHOOSE INDIA FOR STEM CELL THERAPY?
People prefer India for stem cell therapy because it is more economical in terms of affordability of the treatment & the cost of living for those people who come to India for stem cell therapy is reasonable.
Basically, this therapy is done to make new tissues in the body. These tissues can be taken from blood stream or from the Umbilical cord and also from adult stem cell.
Stem cell therapy in India is showing unbelievable results. This therapy is new in India but currently doing wonders.
4 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE INDIA OVER OTHER COUNTRIES
Briefly we have discussed why people prefer stem cell therapy in India
- Cost of the treatment :
Stem cell therapy cost in India is more economical & affordable as compared to other countries. you can get this treatment for around $12000 where as in other countries the starting price is $50000
- Waiting period for consultation :
The waiting period for consultation is minimum 10 days & it can extend up to 20 days depending upon the availability of doctor & also because of the required test report.
- Conversion period :
The conversion period (from the date of the therapy till your recovery) in India is minimum because we have the best doctors and advanced technology. The Conversion period for stem cell transplant is less than 30 days however, it varies from patient to patient.
- Advanced technology :
The hospitals providing stem cell therapy in India have excellent infrastructure and cutting edge medical equipment Technology like our diagnostic centres and labs are on par with the best in the world.
SOME OF THE DISEASES WHICH CAN BE CURED BY STEM CELL THERAPY ARE :
- BLOOD CANCER
- SPINAL CORD INJURY
- EYE SIGHT
- KNEE INJURY
- CEREBRAL PALSY
- MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY
- NEUROMASCULAR DISORDER
- GENETIC DISORDER
- DEGENERATIVE DISORDER
From where you can procure the stem cells for treatment :
- Patient itself
- From your close blood relative like your siblings
- Or any other person who possess same blood steam
WHAT ARE THE COMPLICATIONS RELATED TO STEM CELL THERAPY?
Complications from transplants using your own stem cells (For Autologous) :
- Bleeding and Anaemia
- Interstitial Peumonia (Inflammation of the tissue that supports the lungs)
- Liver Damage and Disease
- Dry and damaged mouth, oesophagus, lungs, and other organs
Complications while transplanting donors stem cells (For Allogenic) :
- Rashes, itching and scaly skin tone
- Hair fall
- Gastrointestinal symptoms (nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting, abdominal cramps)
- Liver damage (which may be jaundice)
- Dry mouth, oesophagus, lungs, and another organs damage
For Enquiry click link